24.5.16

ORATORY AT SCHOOL

 BY DANIEL PÉREZ #BTO2A

Why should our students learn about public speaking? Nowadays, people are keeping more attention and taking on importance to the way we speak in public and the quality of our oratory.

First, I would define oratory as the process and ability to communicate, persuade or argue something in order to convince and individual or a group of people. Having told that, I cannot conceive the idea of instructing future professionals without a formal knowledge of public speaking. It is useful in any kind of relation and it will improve our social skills. I think future job market won't demand shy people, but workers who know how to defend their ideas.

I really think education system must include subjects as oratory. For me, it is essential for everyone knowing how to well communicate their thoughts with security and confidence. Due to this opinion, I would promote public speaking more and better in schools and universities with debate clubs and classes of oratory. 

It's not late to improve yet.